The Utah Society of Allergy and Asthma (USAA) is a non-profit organization of board certified allergists and immunologists. USAA was founded for the purpose of fostering the study of the science and the practice of allergy; to foster high standards of the practice of allergy; to educate its members by presenting educational programs; and to promote the health and welfare of allergy patients through education of its members. The USAA is closely affiliated with the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
The mission of USAA is to improve the quality of life of Utah who suffer from allergies, asthma and immunodeficiencies.
The goals of USAA are to promote the highest standards in Allergy and Clinical Immunology through:
- Addressing the socio-economic issues that impact the practice of Allergy/Immunology as a specialty, which would include but are not limited to: public policy, patient access, choice of physician, reimbursement and regulations.
- Serving as the leader for developing educational activities that enlighten its membership on current economic, political and social issues.
- Providing a vehicle for advocacy and public education efforts on behalf of Allergists/Immunologists.
- Providing cutting-edge education to our patients, to our members and to the health care community at large.
- Promoting the advancement of the specialty of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology in the state of Utah.
USAA accomplishes these goals through sponsoring continuing medical education activities each year for allergists/immunologists, primary care physicians and primary care residents; sponsoring school nurse lectures on anaphylaxis; sponsoring Lunch & Learn programs on Allergies & Asthma at corporations throughout Utah; promoting research from current allergists-in-training; supporting children's summer asthma camps; educating third party payors and providing an annual newsletter to our members.